For proper treatment it is necessary that I, as your treating therapist, submit a file. This is also a legal obligation imposed by the WGBO. Your file contains notes about your health status and information about the examinations and treatments performed. The file also contains information that is necessary for your treatment and that I have requested, after your explicit permission, from another care provider, for example from the general practitioner. I do my best to ensure your privacy. Among other things, this means that I:
- Handle your personal and medical details with care
- Ensure that unauthorized persons do not have access to your data
As your treating therapist, I have sole access to the data in your file. I have a legal confidentiality obligation (professional secrecy). The data from your file can also be used for the following purposes:
- To inform other healthcare providers, for example when the therapy has been completed or with a
- referral to another practitioner. This only happens with your explicit permission.
- For use for observation during my absence.
- For anonymous use during peer evaluation.
- A small part of the information in your file is used for financial purposes administration, so that I or my administrator can prepare an invoice.
If for any other reason I want to make use of your data, I will first inform you and explicitly request your permission. This data in the client file is retained for 15 years as required by the law on the treatment agreement.
PRIVACY ON THE CARE NOTE
The health care bill that you receive contains the information requested by the health care insurer, so that you can declare this bill to your health care insurer.
- Your name, address and place of residence
- your date of birth
- The date of treatment
- A brief description of the treatment, such as "treatment of natural medicine" or "psychosocial consultation"
- The costs of the consultation